Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date and Datetime field different behaviour

Hi everyone, 

When i am using Date field then i am able to get the straight tooltip line in my line chart when i hover on a x-axis.

9192gks_0-1624648296962.png

But this tooltip behaviour changes when i use datetime field instead of date field. There are blank values when i use date and datetime field as i have attached the matrix view of both the charts.

9192gks_1-1624648535513.png

Please guide me through, I have been struggling for past 1 week.

@amitchandak  @parry2k @Fowmy @Jihwan_Kim @selimovd 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLUTION : TURN OFF THE HIGH DENSITY SAMPLING UNDER GENERAL  (-_-)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLUTION : TURN OFF THE HIGH DENSITY SAMPLING UNDER GENERAL  (-_-)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11 thanks for responding

This report is already published in the power bi service and its been done on the datetime field so i believe it's doable using datetime. I am not concerned about values, i just want the tooltip to behave the same way when i use the date

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Anonymous ,

Datetime is more detailed view when compared to date. therefore when you use datetime value on your chart, it shows you different values.

But when you use date on your chart, it aggregates your values for a particular date value like for 1st January 2021.

On the other hand, datetime will split your value for every time value for 1st January 2021.

In such scenarios, you should use the granualrity by which you want to show your data like Monthy, Daily, Hourly, etc.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.