Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kasfour
Helper I
Helper I

Date Slicer Relation

Hello,

I have a Date Table "Date = CALENDARAUTO()" that I linked (relation) to different dates on other data sets. However, the date slicer only works with one of them. Please help.

kasfour_0-1679336167913.png

8 REPLIES 8
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share the download link of the PBI file and show the problem clearly.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
kasfour
Helper I
Helper I

@andhiii079845 , I have tried the relationship with a date containing a hierarchy and it did not work, so i beleive my theory was wrong.

Below is the relationship model with the Date Table. Only the UptimeYTD results are working as intended. While any visual from All Tickets table or Changes Table are not functioning correctly

kasfour_0-1679347705465.png

andhiii079845
Super User
Super User

Perhaps one column is formated as text? Show us please more about the not working table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

hello @andhiii079845 , all columns in relation are with the same format (Date Time). I guess the issue is with the date columns with no Date hirerachy. Is there a way that I can add Date Hirerachy to such columns ?

Do not use this auto time intelligence function in Power BI. I would prefer to build a own dimensional table for the date (what you do with the calandarauto()) and use this in your model. Than you are able to build your own hirchary in this table with month, days, weeks etc. Do you perhaps do mark the table as date table?
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/mark-as-date-table/

andhiii079845_0-1679343735525.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

The problem is not with the Date model i use. I beleive it is mainly with having the relation between this date column (containing a hierarchy) and other date columns with no hierarchy.

The question now is, why do some date columns contain a hierarchy while other don't. knowing that both columns are set as Date time Type. Can you help me with that

kasfour_0-1679346202949.png

In the previous snapshot you can see that the Planned Start date does not contain a hierarchy.

Below table also, the Created Date does not contain a hierarchy while other do.

kasfour_1-1679346371892.png

I even tried the "mark as a date" in Table Tab, but it does not work cuz the data includes events on the same date but with different time.

kasfour
Helper I
Helper I

I found that the relationship works only with date/time columns that contain the Calendar Logo). I do not know if this is relevant or why this logo appears on some date/time columns and not all. Apologies if the question seems dumb and appreciate your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.