Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

tryingtohelp121
Frequent Visitor

Date Range Slicer to switch between latest date and all dates

Hello all, I had a quick question regarding the date range slicer with the between option (between two dates).

I've tried with bookmarks, and while when i save the bookmark as I select the latest date, if say tomorrow there is another date addition, it will only apply for the date I saved before the new date was added. For example, I saved the bookmark for the 1st of September as the latest date, but come the 2nd of September and its added data, clicking the bookmark will only apply the 1st of September, not the 2nd of September. Similarly for all the dates, it will only apply to the last saved date range in that bookmark, and will not take into account the date added after the bookmark was already saved.

Objective: I want with the click of a button to be able to have the date slicer apply only the latest date to the visuals, and with the click of another button to be able to have the date slicer apply all dates to the visuals. I was wondering how to go about doing this.

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
danextian
Super User
Super User

HI @tryingtohelp121 ,

Selecting the latest date in a slicer by default is currently not possible. What you can do is to create a custom column that indicates whether a date is the latest date and use that when you create bookmark.

Example:

Latest Date Flag = 
MAX ( Dates[Date] ) = Dates[Date]

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Hello, in this case, would I make it a page wide filter, and then apply it whenever the latest date bookmark is selected?

It really depends on what you want to do. You can make it a page or a report filter or for just specific visuals.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors