Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Date Imported

Hi All, 

Hope you have a great day. 

I have daily sale report which included around 66 rows of products name and 30 columns of date from 01 to 30. I had imported the data with series of rows and around 30 columns every Month. Could you give me the best practice strategy how to do smater ways than this ? becuase in BI will be flocking with either product's name or date on the table which is so quite messy there. 

Thanks with Best Regards, 
Chanleakna Hang 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Chanleakna123,

What is your desired output? Could you illustrate your requirement with an example? Do you want to modify the table structure in data view? Or do you want to achieve a more readable view in report view (visualization) ?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Chanleakna123,

The dataset imported into Power BI will keep its original table structure. In your scenario, 66 rows by 30 columns, the same as data source. If you don't like this structure, you'd better change the table format in data source. What we can do in Power BI side is to unpivot date columns so that date values will be plot in row level. Or do some aggregation in some visualizations according to your needs.

If I have something misunderstood, please illlustrate your requirement with more detailed information.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

Yes , i did unpivot the date to a row , then it will included on 01 Aug 2017 with 66 products Names. Hence, for 30 days will be 66*30. I'm not sure whether everyone did this. 
Thanks you so much for your response 🙂 

Best Regards, 
Chanleakna Hang 

Hi @Chanleakna123,

What is your desired output? Could you illustrate your requirement with an example? Do you want to modify the table structure in data view? Or do you want to achieve a more readable view in report view (visualization) ?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Hi @v-yulgu-msft

i had unpivoted the columns and rows, these consists a lots of row with what i'm doing now. I think , only this way can works. 

Your solutions was also help. 

Thanks you with Best Regards, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.