Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

eduardomaia
Frequent Visitor

Date Hierarchy Not Available

Hi!

So, I'm using this newest version of Power BI and somehow I'm not being abble to use date hierarchy.

My Data is from Marketo's REST API.

let

// Get Url from config worksheet - Table REST_API_Authentication
mktoUrlStr = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
// Get the List id - Table Scoping
listIdStr = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
// Get the Lead fields to extract - Table Leads
leadFieldsStr = "id, firstName,lastName,email,createdAt,UpdatedAt",

// Build Multiple Leads by List Id URL
getMultipleLeadsByListIdUrl = mktoUrlStr & "/rest/v1/list/" & listIdStr & "/leads.json?fields=" & leadFieldsStr,

// Build Marketo Access Token URL parameter
accessTokenParamStr = "&access_token=" & FnMktoGetAccessToken(),

// No initial paging token required for this call
pagingTokenParamStr = "",

// Invoke the multiple REST API calls through the FnMktoGetPagedData function
result = FnMktoGetPagedData (getMultipleLeadsByListIdUrl , accessTokenParamStr, pagingTokenParamStr),
convertedTable = Table.FromList(result, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),

formatedTable = if Table.IsEmpty(convertedTable) then result else FnMktoFormatLead(convertedTable),
#"Tipo Alterado" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(formatedTable,{{"createdAt", type datetime}})
in
#"Tipo Alterado"

The column createdAt is in type = datetime and still the date hierarchy it's not available.

image.png

I'm using version 2.61.5192.601

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

In that file's options, under Data Load, is "Auto Date/Time" unchecked? That will disable automatic hierarchies.

You can manually create them by right-clicking on the date, New Heirarchy, then drag in the other pieces you need (day, month, whatever).

I prefer doing that as I don't like the auto-date/time stuff. I want to manually control my date table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
edhans
Super User
Super User

In that file's options, under Data Load, is "Auto Date/Time" unchecked? That will disable automatic hierarchies.

You can manually create them by right-clicking on the date, New Heirarchy, then drag in the other pieces you need (day, month, whatever).

I prefer doing that as I don't like the auto-date/time stuff. I want to manually control my date table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

That's it!

Thank you for the reply and thank you for the alternative it's really better than enabling this Auto Date/Time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.