Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ausrine
Frequent Visitor

Date Format in Card

Hi all, 

I have a dataset with dates in format dd/mm/yyyy. I use measures FIRSTNOTBLANK() and LASTNOTBLANK() to get date boundaries and these are in format dd/mm/yyyy as well. But once I join these dates in a card with measure

= "CALLS BETWEEN " & [FIRST DATE] & "-" & [LAST REFRESH]

I get date format mm/dd/yyyy (see attached).

Any ideas why it changes automatically? Location is set to the UK.

Thanks!

Ausrine

Untitled.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ausrine,

In my test, the date format is "dd/mm/yyyy" in all these three measures, please see below image:

3.PNG

Also, I noticed that there is no such a date format "dd/mm/yyyy" option under the format drop down list. We should use Format function to get desired format. [Date] is in default format after loading dataset to Power BI desktop, [Date2] is the returned format.

4.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shahid125238
Advocate I
Advocate I

How you create this first and last measure

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ausrine,

In my test, the date format is "dd/mm/yyyy" in all these three measures, please see below image:

3.PNG

Also, I noticed that there is no such a date format "dd/mm/yyyy" option under the format drop down list. We should use Format function to get desired format. [Date] is in default format after loading dataset to Power BI desktop, [Date2] is the returned format.

4.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-yulgu-msft!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.