Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

scottrmeredith
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse Gateway error

So I created a dashboard with my dataverse table as a table in my report with no issues.  Now I am creating a new report with the same dataverse and connection to the same dataverse table and I get this error (in the same workspace).  The first one is based on the default connection method in my PBIX file when I connect to my dataverse table using the ribbon.  A co-worker of mine had an older connection to a dataverse table (the second message) using a different M query that also still works in BI Desktop.  My original report/dataset (in the same workspace) and my co-worker's report/dataset do not require the use of a on premise data gateway.  I could not find anything in the forums with these types of extension errors/warnings.  I saw the same error with different services in the forums, and tried several of the solutions with no luck.  I have deleted the dataset from the workspace and tried to re-publish, I have told the dataverse table to not refresh the table in the PBIX file and re-published.  I don't understand why a dataverse table would even require a connection through a gateway.  I am importing the data and not using direct query.

Extension{"extensionDataSourceKind":"CommonDataService","extensionDataSourcePath":"XXX.crm9.dynamics.com"}

Extension{"extensionDataSourceKind":"Cds","extensionDataSourcePath":"https://XXX.crm9.dynamics.com/"}

scottrmeredith_0-1683042375887.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
scottrmeredith
Frequent Visitor

So I ended up making a copy of my PBIX file, removing all my connections to dataverse and bringing it back in and republishing and that worked.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bhawnaA
Frequent Visitor

HI @scottrmeredith 

I am facing same issue in multiple PBIX when i add manually to gateway it doesnt gets applied .
Can you suggest what helped u fix that

scottrmeredith
Frequent Visitor

So I ended up making a copy of my PBIX file, removing all my connections to dataverse and bringing it back in and republishing and that worked.

ChristianDGreat
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thats interesting, I assume if its dataverse it shouldnt asked you for a gateway, all you need to do is to skip the gateway process and go straight to the credentials.

I would love to try that.  I am pretty new to Power BI and I couldn't find where to do what you recommend.  Can you please elaborate on how to navigate to the credentials portion you are talking about.  Thank you.

When you go to settings, can you go straight here?

ChristianDGreat_0-1683057968524.png

and sign in

ChristianDGreat_1-1683058027709.png

once you sign in to all your sources and click apply you can now go to schedule refresh.

That is why I didn't notice it....for me it is disabled.

scottrmeredith_0-1683058263756.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.