Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Amratya
Helper I
Helper I

DataSource.Error Web.Contents failed to get data from (500): Internal Server Error

Hi Everyone,

When I'm trying to refresh my data I got this error

An error occurred in the ‘Sample File’ query. DataSource.Error: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://xxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxxx/_api/web/lists/getbyid('bc70fb34-3f97-4025-af5d-03235fa33b8e')/RenderListDataAsStream' (500): Internal Server Error
Details:
    DataSourceKind=SharePoint
    DataSourcePath=https://xxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxxxx
    Url=https://xxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxxx/_api/web/lists/getbyid('bc70fb34-3f97-4025-af5d-03235fa33b8e')/RenderListDataAsStream

and here below the M editor

let
    Source = SharePoint.Files("https://xxxxx-my.sharepoint.com/personal/xxxxxxxx", [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Name] = "file_2.csv")),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Filtered Rows",{"Content"}),
    #"Invoke Custom Function1" = Table.AddColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "Transform File from Query1", each #"Transform File from Query1"([Content])),
    #"Removed Other Columns1" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Invoke Custom Function1", {"Transform File from Query1"}),
    #"Expanded Table Column1" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns1", "Transform File from Query1", Table.ColumnNames(#"Transform File from Query1"(#"Sample File"))),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded Table Column1",{{"datahora_file", type datetime}, {"diasemana_file", type text}, {"unidade", type text}, {"caixa", type text}, {"garcomlider", type text}, {"atendimento", type number}, {"ambiente", type number}, {"cafe", type number}, {"comida", type number}, {"bebida", type number}, {"preco", type number}, {"amor", type number}, {"nome_cliente", type text}, {"email_cliente", type text}, {"comentario_cliente", type text}, {"nosso_comentario", type text}, {"data_file", type date}, {"hora_file", type number}})
in
    #"Changed Type"

I can open the sharepoint folder itself properly without any problems.

Solutions approached till now without any effect:

- I changed ApiVersion to 14 instead of 15

- I removed the ApiVersion

- I cleared the permissions and add it again

- Try to connect from scratch to the same folder, same error

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amratya
Helper I
Helper I

It seems there was a problem in the data source in addition to this ApiVersion thing.

1. Remove [ApiVersion = 15]
  2. Adding the datasource [sharePoint folder link] through the advanced query editor
  3. Filter files and get the desired ones

I recognized there is additional row under my filtered files [Error - Error] and it is not filtered out. So, below steps to eliminate this error record from ruining my data, and I had so many files in different dashboards. So, I went through these possibilities here

• Click on Remove Rows, then Remove Error.
  • If it didn't work, Click Remove Rows and then Remove the last rowfrom below.
  • If it didn't work, Click Keep Rows and then keep numbbers of rows from above.

and then folow any other steps you want to apply on your data. and it worked.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can try disabling "parrallel query processing" and "background data" in the query options. This worked for me.

Amratya
Helper I
Helper I

It seems there was a problem in the data source in addition to this ApiVersion thing.

2. Adding the datasource [sharePoint folder link] through the advanced query editor

I recognized there is additional row under my filtered files [Error - Error] and it is not filtered out. So, below steps to eliminate this error record from ruining my data, and I had so many files in different dashboards. So, I went through these possibilities here

I had a similar erro, but the issue was in the filename. It has a % in the name. Make sure you don't use special symbols in the file path and filenames. 

Keep rows solution does work but I can't get apply a filter before hand to sort by date modified due to the error row.

Amratya
Helper I
Helper I

I figured out the problem and solved it.

I will make another comment with the solution

Amratya,

Please how did you solve the problem? Benn having same issue for a while now

Anonymous
Not applicable

old post..., but how did you fix this issue?

we had the same issue ~2 months ago, then it magically started refreshing without making any changes to the report or SharePoint.  now, the issue is back and the magic still hasn't happened.

Hello my org is having the same issue. We chnage nothing and 1/30 refreshes and it randomly works. This has been going on from 3/22 to current

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.