Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

DataFormat.Error on AssignedTo column running basic OData query

I'm using this sample query, and getting the following error on the AssignedTo column:

DataFormat.Error: We expected a property 'AssignedTo', but the OData service omitted it from the response data. This can occur for a number of reasons and does not necessarily imply that the data does not exist or is of a default value.
Details:
    Property=AssignedTo

However, if I run the URL directly in a browser, I get all the data returned correctly including the AssignedTo column.

Any idea what might be happening here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

After some investigation with Renata Popescu (Power BI Support Engineer) and Ludovic Fry (Incident Manager) from Microsoft, it was suggested to remove OmitValues = ODataOmitValues.Nulls from the query. This fixed it.

It appears that the sample query assumes there are only non-null values, and will therefore omit null values. Removing this part of the query ensures that null values are considered valid, and therefore removes the error.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

After some investigation with Renata Popescu (Power BI Support Engineer) and Ludovic Fry (Incident Manager) from Microsoft, it was suggested to remove OmitValues = ODataOmitValues.Nulls from the query. This fixed it.

It appears that the sample query assumes there are only non-null values, and will therefore omit null values. Removing this part of the query ensures that null values are considered valid, and therefore removes the error.

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could read the following article ,it may be helpful for you!

Guy in a Cube – How to expand a list of records in a query

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've read that before, but it doesn't have anything to do with the problem I'm having.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Few things you need to check

1) Edit connection, clear cache, and try to give credential again

2) Under option and setting there is clear cache use that and check

3) Check for any data type change and try to address that.

If nothing works out, please let us know

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any thoughts based on my last message?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cleared all permissions (global and current file) in File->Options and settings->Data source settings, and cleared cache in File->Options and settings->Options->Data Load, but still getting the same problem.

Not sure what you mean by data type changes. AssignedTo is a built-in field, and I'm using the sample query mentioned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.