Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BMA

Data view is blank

I have imported an Excel table into Power BI.  I know that the data came across correctly because I can see it in visualizations.  However, when I go to the data view or attempt to add relationships, I only see nulls.  I have added and readded the table and that does not fix the issue.  I'm new to PowerBI, so it's probably something simple I just don't know about.  Thanks!Nulls.pngNulls2.png

8 REPLIES 8
bvdm1980
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, just had the same problem. Issue was having empty data rows in my original excel table that i imported. So you can prob sort in power bi data view, remove empty rows, or remove them from your table. THat should do the trick.

Mandy0833
Regular Visitor

The only workaround I found and worked for me is to use the "table" function in Excel.

1. Mark all your needed data in the Excel file

2. Go to tab "Insert" > "Table"

3. Confirm the selected data and save the Excel file

4. Import your Excel file into Power BI again

After these four steps, the relationships should be ok and there should be no more null values.

dosansil
Helper I
Helper I

I am having this same issue. The data still present in the Power BI, because the visualizations work properly, but when clicking on the data view I can't see. Whatever, when I clicked on the edit queries the data stay there. 

I have the same issue too, other functions work well, however, I can't create relationships between query

Anyone can help on this please?

thanks

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@BMA

I notice you have already found this post, have you tried the solutions in that thread?

If possible, could you please provide the excel file to us for troubleshooting?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

has anyone find a solution above?

Thanks

Mike

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone find a solution to the problem above?

a_mixed_life
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is the excel file that you're pulling that from are "Values" only? Possibly pulling formulas?

That's the only thing I can think of.

Kris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.