Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mraka9
Helper III
Helper III

Data region

Greeting!
My Power BI reports worked perfectly. Then suddenly everything slowed down. Often the reports are not usable at all.
I went to investigate what could be the problem.
After that I realized that my data is stored in Northern Ireland, and I am in Croatia!
I don't understand how my data suddenly ended up there, because it is the furthest country from Croatia.
All installation is set for Croatia.
I contacted the Power BI team, they say it's practically impossible to change. I don't understand what the big deal is, especially since I said that they don't have to move my data, but that I can delete it, so I'll do everything again.
So much effort and education invested and now I don't have a functional product.

What do you recommend I do?
Does it make sense to cancel the service, and then contract it again in the name of the same company. Would that change anything?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mraka9 , Your Power BI tenant is created the first time when someone registers for the Power BI service. And it tries to give you the nearest Azure location. But if you want to tenant location, it should be possible. But you not be able to move data.

This whitepaper has discussed it

https://aka.ms/PBIEnterpriseDeploymentWP

Apparently I was communicating with bad support then. I asked them to transfer only my account, without data, but unfortunately they had no knowledge about it. I convinced them for a long time what my problem was and that my application was terribly slow, because my region was set literally to the farthest possible place in Europe. I've been arguing with them about it for a year now. I don't understand why it's in their interest that my app doesn't work properly. If they can't do such a simple thing, I don't know why they advertise the product so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.