Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Amyin

Data(number type) can not show in data view

I just started using Power BI today.

after I applied the data from the query editor, why the type of numbers and time data cannot show in the data view?

Amyin_0-1679631767302.png

why it can not show in the data view

Amyin_1-1679631824547.png

Beginner - Help  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Maybe it's just sorted weirdly (i.e blank values first) - click the down arrow and uncheck the blank values or sort descending to check if there are values where you expect it. 
Or you've added a step after that first screenshot in PowerQuery that filters out rows with no data in a particular column. 

View solution in original post

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amyin ,

Try clicking the dropdown arrow to see if there are any data. It might just be a soring issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amyin ,

Try clicking the dropdown arrow to see if there are any data. It might just be a soring issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.
vicky_
Super User
Super User

Maybe it's just sorted weirdly (i.e blank values first) - click the down arrow and uncheck the blank values or sort descending to check if there are values where you expect it. 
Or you've added a step after that first screenshot in PowerQuery that filters out rows with no data in a particular column. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.