Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cclark01
Frequent Visitor

Data not Showing up

Hi Everyone - Hoping someone can help.

I have been having an issue lately with my data not showing up after I apply changes in the Queryt Editor.

The data will be there to start with, but if I "Enable Load" then decide later that I do in fact need that table to load in, so select Enable Load again, the data does not show up.  It loads in the Column names, but it appears as if the tables are empty. Has anyone else had an issue like this?  Am I missing something simple?

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Refreshing the data was the first thing that I did; that didn't work.

I think it has something to do with the preview features that I had enabled. I disabled them, then tried loading the data in and it worked. 

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
datjsm
Regular Visitor

I had the same problem. I was swaping different files in PBI Desktop and for one of the files, the visuals were not showing any data. The solution was quite obvious in my case. I had some filter active in the data model that was filtering out of the visuals, all the data from the second datasource. 

farhad_mahan

Hi every one

When I select the if function, the dex bar does not show the columns that I select

please help me

LaksmanPuvan

hiii,

i faced the same issue, when the data amount is large it occurs, i had many raws of empty data, after removal of those the data became visible. try it!

step1.jpgstep2.jpgstep3.jpg

AZWin95

Even data exist, data visualization doesn't show in my dashboarddata existdata existno visualizationno visualization

TYOzzy
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue.  Makes no sense.  I'm pulling from the exact SharePoint list in two reports.  The data in question shows up in one, but not the other.  The column is not summarized.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @TYOzzy Did you get the solution for this ?

I am facing the same issue .Data is not showing up in the main page when i am adding a new table , but when i create the same table in new page it is showing up.

Hey @Anonymous , I am facing the same issue, sometime data shows up after I refresh the table from data view but sometimes it don't work.
Please reply back if you get any proper solution. 
Thanks! 

I'm also facing the same issue and tried everything possible.
All of a sudden I'm only getting 5 days of data where I'm querying for 30 days of data.
I even tried with 10 days but no luck.
Someone needs to look into this issue.
cc :  @cclark01 

Anonymous
Not applicable

When creating a table, via power query editor , unpivoting, I could not show even a simple table or matrix. Data fields did not show.

Tried "refresh data" of the table: no effect. Removed any preview features and strat up Pbi again: no effect.

Then I removed the relationship between the tables , so the table was not connected at all to any other table: the data became available 😉 !. Then I ensured a correct relationship between my tables and everything worked out fine. (after 2 hours struggling...)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try creating a random column to the table not loading and apply in power query.

ashrachova
Advocate I
Advocate I

Just try to force the refresh by going to the Data Mode (NOT the "Edit Queries" mode) and right clicking at the TABLE (NOT the general "Refresh" button at Home Menu) and choosing "Refresh" . That should do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue. In the Data View (not in the 'Edit Queries') I right clicked and refreshed ('Refresh data') each table. Data showed up 🙂 Thanks for the suggestion!

In my case, user error, but this might help someone else - and remind me when it happens in the future and I forget how I sorted it and google the article again 🙂

The Values fields contained a number type column which PBI automatically chooses to "Sum" in the settings of the Values field.  Changing the number type column's setting to "Not Summarize" sorted the whole data display for me.

sushmasushma
Helper I
Helper I

please can you suggest me answer for this i am also not getting data.

I would suggest disabling any preview features that you may have enabled. I'm not sure if it was one specific feature that was causing the issue, but when I disabled all of them, everything went back to normal.

Hope this helps!

Thank you

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@cclark01

Just refresh the dataset, the data will appear again.

Regards,

Refreshing the data was the first thing that I did; that didn't work.

I think it has something to do with the preview features that I had enabled. I disabled them, then tried loading the data in and it worked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear,

Similar problem: I have tables which show up perfectly in the "Data" area:

rubioju_0-1646667033372.png

which then do not show up (at all) in the "Report" area:

rubioju_1-1646667264927.png

rather desperate 😥

Hi Rubioju! How did you solve this problem? It's happening exactly the same to me...

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.