Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

reidiain5

Dashboard Design

I am in the process of building a number of HR dashboards and I am keen to ensure if possible these are tailored to our different business areas. As such I wanted to ask is it possible to change the colour and logo design within a global dashboard if a user has access to a single line of business as a filterable option, or if someone has access to a global verson and they select a particular line of business for example the format changes to reflext logo's and formatted styles?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @reidiain5 ,

Here I suggest you to try Row-Level-Security to achieve your goal.

I create a sample to show you how to create a dynamic rls data model.

Fact Table:

1.png

User Table:

2.png

Logo Table:

3.png

Relate all tables by Company column. Then create a new role in [User] by USERPRINCIPALNAME() function.

1.png

Let's view as UserA in Power BI Desktop.

2.png

View as is a test, RLS will work in Power BI Service.

You need to manage security in Power BI Servcie. For reference: Manage security on your model

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @reidiain5 ,

Here I suggest you to try Row-Level-Security to achieve your goal.

I create a sample to show you how to create a dynamic rls data model.

Fact Table:

1.png

User Table:

2.png

Logo Table:

3.png

Relate all tables by Company column. Then create a new role in [User] by USERPRINCIPALNAME() function.

1.png

Let's view as UserA in Power BI Desktop.

2.png

View as is a test, RLS will work in Power BI Service.

You need to manage security in Power BI Servcie. For reference: Manage security on your model

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Most likely you are talking about reports.  Use separate reports (and likely separate workspaces) for  your different audiences.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.