Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fabiomanniti
Helper III
Helper III

DAX measure with dynamic input

I am afraid the answer to this question is not but I'll try.

Is it possible to create a measure with a dynanic input from other measures?

For example:

function doubleIt(number){
    return number*2
}

function mySalesDoubled(){
var mySales = Table[amount]
var doubleSales = doubleIt(mySales)
return doubleSales

So I make two measures, one is doubleIt and another is mySalesDoubled

4 REPLIES 4
SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @fabiomanniti .

If you want to have a dynamic value then why not directly write down the value rather than writing down the measure.

For example, IF([Measure]=100, "A","B")

Let me know if I have answered your question.
If yes, then kindly mark it as "Accept as Solution" and give it a thumbs up.

THanks,
Sanket

Well, but this is not very helpful because my main problem is that sometimes I have to write multiple times the same measure with just one variable as difference and I would like to write part of code as an external measure instead of copying it everytime.
I make an example:
I want to know the percentage of users I had one month ago, three months ago, six months ago, up to one year ago.

Then I want to put these four values into a table and see all the results.

In order to obtain this I write the same measure four times and anytime I change the number of months I must subtract from today's date. 
It would be helpful if I could use an external measure where I insert the number of months and I obtain the date of those number of months ago.

Hi @fabiomanniti ,

You can refer the following links to get it.

Previous Month's Count and 2 Months Before

sales 6 months ago

Try this measure

=calculate([qty_sales],datesbetween(calendario[date_key],EOMONTH(MAXX(ALL(calendario),calendario[date_key]),-6)+1),MAX(calendario[date_key])))

To your visual, drag Year and Month from the calendario table.  Ensure the actual date columns of your data table and calendario table are related.

Calculate the values ​​of the 1, 3 and 6 months prior to the current one

assuming you have date table and marked as date, you can use following measure to calculation L12 month and change this measure for 3 and 6 months

Last 12 Months = 
VAR __lastMonthDate = EOMONTH ( TODAY(), -1 )
VAR __numberofMonth = 12
RETURN
 CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Table[Sales] ) ,
    DATESINPERIOD (
        Calendar[Date],
        __lastMonthDate,
        -__numberofMonth,
        MONTH
    )
)​

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This was exactly what I had been searching for - I was needing to filter results 'on the fly' depending upon a user-selected week ending date. I ended up using DATESBETWEEN for the clustered column field and a different range of DATESBETWEEN for the associated line chart.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.