Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lcairney

Customisation of Line and clustered column table

Hi,

I have created a weather dashboard to look at wind speed and gust speed over a period of 24 hours using API informaiton from VisualCrossing.

I am trying to customise the line and clustered colum table to that when a result of over 30 is shown on the table by wind gust, this line would turn red (currently black) OR the scale line of the graph would turn red/different colour (circled in blue).

lcairney_0-1668699207805.png

I have attempted conditional formatting on the vertical line however it just ends up changing all the lines in the graph similar to the one circuled. It also doesnt allow me to change the SUM/Count of the wind gust data. Is this because it is coming from a "live" source?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

L

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @lcairney 

Unfortunately for some reason when you add more than 1 value to the bar and column charts, you no longer have the ability to apply conditional formatting.

There may be some 3rd pary visual that does what you want but I'm not aware of any.

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks again for the information Phil.

If there is anyone who knows of a third party app that can do this, please let me know.

Many Thanks

Liam

PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @lcairney 

Download example PBIX file

I'm a bit confused as you mention a Column chart but your image is of a bar chart.  There isn't a built-in clustered bar and line in PBI so you'll need to use a clustered column and line.

Theres no way to format the color of the line in such a chart though.  But you can format the color of the bars

cfline0.png

cfline.png

cfline2.png

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, this solution does not work. I am using a clustered bar chart so apologies for the miscommunication.

When I look to format the chart, there is no function button and instead I have the format button up top. However, when I look to apply the same function as you have shown, it does not change the colour of the bars nor the gridlines. Either it changes all the gridlines or none of the gridlines which is not what I wish to happen.

lcairney_0-1668762089244.png

lcairney_1-1668762117591.png

lcairney_2-1668762159694.png

Any additonal help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

L

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.