Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Magnolia
Frequent Visitor

Custom Power BI Shapemap

Hello, 

I am trying to create a simple shapemaps of areas such as EMEIA, Americas, APAC and some custom areas, to be able to drill down to very custom regions like "Europe West". I was trying to do this through shapemaps but I cannot find anywhere a simple enough step by step instruction on how to get these custom values onto a json coordinate file. Any tips?

2 REPLIES 2
Magnolia
Frequent Visitor

I am using this file to get a general world map - topojson/world-countries-sans-antarctica.json at master · deldersveld/topojson · GitHub

Although my users want to rightclick on a map and drill through to reports through a custom shape for example "entire EMEIA". I am looking for a way to a way to create topojson map that I can customize by selecting countries and then merging them into a region or area (creating different borders).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors