Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cbarker
Frequent Visitor

Custom Column - Applying Row Level Security/Visibility Based on Criteria

I have a custom column where if a certain product line is present on that row I want to code it to a different business unit and allocate values to it accordingly, otherwise I want it to reference a related function which I have that is pulling another value from another table in my query. I'm trying to publish this report to a group that I'd like to restrict visibility / access based on this 'True Region' formula below, but am uncertain how to accomplish this.

If I use row level security and apply it to the 'Region Name' from my Customer_Master table I ultimately display the wrong values that I'm trying to reallocate. Anyone have a workaround here to correctly filter this data?

My formulas are as follows;

True Region = IF(Revenue_Raw_Data[Division]="Product Line","Adjusted Region",Revenue_Raw_Data[RelatedRegion])
RelatedRegion = RELATED(Customer_Master[Region_Name])
1 REPLY 1
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@cbarker  Try createing RLS with True Region instead of other column. it should work

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.