Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cumulative display error of bar chart

Hi all,

I have three measures called Opened defects and Closed defects and Running total. when i displayed in the table showing the . Table 1Capture.PNG

In the above Runing total values are coming as expected. but i want displayed the same values in the bargaph. and when i applied any month filter it doesn't taking cumulative  of previous month runing total in bar chartbargraph.PNG

in the above bar chart i applied the filter of march, it's taking the only march month runing total. its showing runing total 31 for the march in bargraph, but its needs to be shown 86 like shown in the table.

Please help me 

Thanks!!

Nagaraju

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Please try to update the formula of your measure Running total similar with the below one and check if the return value is correct or not:

Running total =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Open Cases'[Case Number] ),
    FILTER ( 'Open Cases', 'Open Cases'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) )
)
    - CALCULATE (
        COUNT ( 'Closed Cases'[Case Number] ),
        FILTER ( 'Closed Cases', 'Closed Cases'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) )
    )

If the above update is not working, please provide some sample data of your data model. Later we will help create measure suitable for your scenario. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

are trying like

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(all(date),date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date])))

Try

Cumm Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(allselected(date),date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date])))

or

Cumm Sales =
var _min =maxx(allselected(date),date[date])
return
CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),filter(date,date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date]) && date[date] >=_min))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Thank you for quick responce.

The values are shoiwng as expected. only pblm with display

lets take an example

Month   Open defects    Closed defects      Runing total

March            1                       0                                1

April               4                       4                                1

we need to display the above information in bar chart with line.  when i selcted the April as filter then the line value (Runing total) needs to start with 1 not 0

now its starting with 0 because for the april month opned is 4 Closed is 4 then runing is showing 0.

but in my requriment need to carry forward the  runing total  from previous month i.e 1

Thanks!!

Nagaraju

Hi @Anonymous,

Please try to update the formula of your measure Running total similar with the below one and check if the return value is correct or not:

Running total =
CALCULATE (
    COUNT ( 'Open Cases'[Case Number] ),
    FILTER ( 'Open Cases', 'Open Cases'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) )
)
    - CALCULATE (
        COUNT ( 'Closed Cases'[Case Number] ),
        FILTER ( 'Closed Cases', 'Closed Cases'[Date] <= MAX ( 'Date'[Date] ) )
    )

If the above update is not working, please provide some sample data of your data model. Later we will help create measure suitable for your scenario. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.