Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sofias
Frequent Visitor

Cummulative Sum on columns not working , needs to change according to filters applied

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate your help on the following: 

Capture.JPG

1) RUNNING_NMV_FINAL  = MEASURE = 

IF(AND(ISFILTERED('dim pm'[payment]),ISFILTERED('DIM TIER'[TIER])),
CALCULATE (
SUM (Table2[NMV]),
FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Table2,Table2[PM],Table2[TIER]),Table2[Index] <= MAX ( Table2[Index])
)
),
calculate(sum(Table2[NMV]),filter(all(Table2),Table2[Index] <= max(Table2[Index])))
)
If you notice, I have filters selected. And this measure only works when I have, either, one selection per filter or when no selection is done in ANY filter. 

2) Running nmv COLUMN  = column
CALCULATE (
SUM (Table2[NMV]),
ALL (Table2),
Table2[Index] <= EARLIER (Table2[Index])
) --> followed your logic

Although it is displaying the running total with no slicers selected, when I start to filter, it will not change dynamically as I need. 

In the end of this, what I would need to do is to divide each row of this cummulative_sales by the TOTAL_SALES_AMOUNT, which will be a %. Then I will do the same for the Losses (all the process before mentioned).

I need this because I want to create a line chart with 2 measures (cummulative sales for X axis and cummulative losses for Y axis) and on the legends I would put the country (so, 1  line per country). But the line chart does not allow me to put measures on the X axis, hence my need of using columns.

Can anyone help me please? I am starting to give up on this.

Thank you!!!
1 REPLY 1
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@sofias  is possible to share some data?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.