Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mocno1
Frequent Visitor

Cross filter

Hi everyone,

I am new to Power Bi. Currently, I have tried to build a dashboard for HR Management which includes some fixed employee information like Name, DOB, Gender, Joining Date,... and other information changing throughout the time like Working place, Title, Class,...

I can filter the fixed data field like Gender that filters the data in the dynamic information; however, on the other way, filtering the dynamic data can not filter the data in the fixed data.

I guess the one-way relationship from the fixed table to dynamic table do not allow cross-filter; however, I don't know how to fix it properly. In addition, I have one fixed table and many other dynamic table (not just 1 like in my following sample).

Please see my model as follows. I also attached the pbix file. Anyone, please help me to build a proper model for this case.

Thanks a lot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18y9LbD-skjzuvb4EZDLjc1YrjAd001Ag/view?fbclid=IwAR3oX7qmF6_lgPf4jROb... 

Picture1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mocno1,

What you can do is to create a bridge table that contains both of the data and connect them to your fact table then use it as a filter.

That will affect both of yor charts.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mocno1 

Has this problem been solved? If so, kindly Accept the appropriate reply as the solution or post your own solution to help close this topic. More people will benefit from it. Otherwise if you are still confused about it, please provide more details about how it is going now. Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

mocno1
Frequent Visitor

For my case, now if I filter "Gender" on the right chart, the left chart will change accordingly.

On the other hand, if I filter "Class" on the left chart, the right chart does not change at all.

In actual, I have several charts for "Working place", "Title" which are similar to "Class". I want that when I filter "Class" or "Title", the other charts for other information will be changed and vice versa.

Hi @mocno1,

What you can do is to create a bridge table that contains both of the data and connect them to your fact table then use it as a filter.

That will affect both of yor charts.

Hope this helps.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

What exact result are you expecting?  Please be clear.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.