Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bullab

Creating different count on same report

So I have a report based on an SQL query that gives me all Fire Hydrants with the most recent inspection date.  I need to show three counts: 

1.  for the total # of hyrants (I just created a new measure for that and display in a Card visual)

2.  the # of insepctions since a specific date entered by the user

3.  the # not inspected since the same date in #2 (so basically #1 - #2)

I have made a date slicer where the user can filter based on a specific date, but then that messes with my Card measure I created for #1 above.  How can I create a report with multiple Card visuals that each have their own filter on the data?  Or am I thinking about this in the totally wrong way??

See the screenshot.  I want the DEPOT, LOCAL, and SETTLEMENT slicers to apply to all (which is working), but I only want the DATE filter to apply to the HYDRANTS INSPECTED visual.

I also want the table shown to only show what hydrants need to be Inspected, so it relates to the HYDRANTS TO INSPECT card.

bullab_0-1681841792219.png

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bullab

Hi.  I do want the date slicer, but I only want it to apply to certain visuals.  It seems like using the "Edit Interactions" whle have the date slicer selected, will let me decide which visuals I want it to apply too.

Now I just have to figure out how to subtract one card from another and display that.  🙂

bullab_0-1681847019225.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bullab

Hi.  I do want the date slicer, but I only want it to apply to certain visuals.  It seems like using the "Edit Interactions" whle have the date slicer selected, will let me decide which visuals I want it to apply too.

Now I just have to figure out how to subtract one card from another and display that.  🙂

bullab_0-1681847019225.png

guibenassi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hello @bullab 
If you don´t want the date slicer change a measure, you can change use:
=CALCULATE( [MEASURE THAT COUNT HYDRANTS], ALL(DATE)
In this way you ignore any date filter context in the visual.
You can do this for all the measures that you don´t want to be filtered in any context.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.