Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MiusYan

Creating a Pareto from an unpivoted table

Hello all, I'm creating a dashboard to track output/yield and pareto chart,

This is the original set of data that I'm connected:

MiusYan_0-1713971354439.png

Based on that data, I created some slicers in my report to filter by Manufactruring date -> Product Description -> Lot Number -> Process. This filters help me generated a "genaral table" just for information, an output/yield Line and clustered chart and a cumulative output/yield cart. 

Then to generate the Pareto chart I created a duplicate to the original table and unpivote it (this was needed because each defect was listed in an individual column and I needed to have them like in the format below):

MiusYan_1-1713971570571.png

Then in the model view, I create a relationship between both of the tables (Process - Process, Many to Many, single cross filter direction).

Then I generate the pareto chart using the duplicated table (Y axis is the sum of the values of each individual defect and X axis is the defect name). 

When I start filtering the slicers to get the papreto chart for an specific dates, an specific product, lot number and process I noticed that the information shown in the pareto is the sum of the values of each individual defect in that time frame, but is not taking into account the "lot number" slicer selection.

How can I solve this?

Thanks a lot! 

2 REPLIES 2
MiusYan

I will add more context, this is an example of the original table at the data base I'm using:

MiusYan_0-1714035442949.png

And this is the unpivotted table (duplicated) I created base on the original table:

MiusYan_1-1714035496808.png

Then I created the relationship between them, but so far I dont have the result I need. that is a pareto chart that can be filtered by each lot number in an specific time frame.

Thanks

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@MiusYan , if you are creating a Pareto chart, make sure the X-axis column is coming from dim, so that you can easily use all and allselected

Cumm Based on Measure = CALCULATE([Your Measure], Window(1,ABS,0,REL, ALLSELECTED('defect'[defect name ]),ORDERBY([Your Measure],Desc)))

or

Cumm Based on Measure = CALCULATE([Your Measure], Window(1,ABS,0,REL, ALL('defect'[defect name ]),ORDERBY([Your Measure],Desc)))

Also, make sure all filtering dimensions are joined with your new unpivoted table

Pareto Analysis Again, 80% of sales, Order by Measure when REL position is used: https://youtu.be/GpoITi_tRIw

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.