Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

James_Gillespie

Creating a Matrix Table that shows constant values on the first to columns then values by date.

Hello, I'm trying to create a matrix, (or another visual) like what is shown below. 

James_Gillespie_2-1593191311259.png

Where the first 3 columns show what is being measured, the low and hig control limits. Then the actual data points.

I currently have the table showing me the parameter and the data points but I'd really like to include the limits on the table. As shown below. 

James_Gillespie_1-1593191286520.png

Any tips on how how to accomplish this task? 

I have two incoming queries. One with the "parameter", date, and values. The second with the "parameter" and high and low limits. They are related by the "parameter". 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amy, 

Thanks for your ideas. I was able to use the drill down to display what I wanted after some changes in formatting. 

Here is a link to the site that guided me through the process: https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @James_Gillespie ,

Currently, it is not supported to display multiple columns or measures in the first column of Matrix visual. And the Drill down  mode which put multiple columns or measures into the same Columns or Values box of Matrix may be not your demand.

As workaround, you may create a tooltip for the Matrix visual, which displays [Low Limit] , [High Limit] and [Parameter] using Table or Matrix visual. See more:Create tooltips based on report pages in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Amy, 

Thanks for your ideas. I was able to use the drill down to display what I wanted after some changes in formatting. 

Here is a link to the site that guided me through the process: https://www.burningsuit.co.uk/blog/2019/04/7-secrets-of-the-matrix-visual/

nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

Create a calculated table of date, PH & Conductivity columns then add limits using union and rows function to the calculated table as two more data points. 

This way you can get the expected output.

Appreciate a Kudos! 🙂
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Regards,

Venkata Nalla

Venkata, 

I'm sure that your solution would work if I was more familiar with coding. But I figured how to do it another way. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.