Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jackj
Helper I
Helper I

Create a Static Ranking Card Visual from a measure

All,

I am trying to create a Card Visual showing the rank of sales values in a given week based on a measure, "Net Sales", which is being filtered on the page by two items - the store location (Column "DBA") and the week (Column "FW Ending").  I am able to create a table showing the rank of the Net Sales for each store during the week when I select all stores in the page level slicer, but when I select a specific DBA location, it loses all of the ranking and simply returns a value of "1" for the store selected, even if that store is ranked, say, 33rd when I show the full table.  I want to be able to keep the ranking associated with the store when all locations are selected when I filter the page by individual stores. Is this possible?  Thanks in advance for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@mdarlington @jackj can someone put the sample data and what is the expectation?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jackj Ha! Change ALLSELECTED To ALL

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jackj share your ranking measure to take a look at it.

Hmm.  I changed the DAX to 

RANK MEASURE =
RANKX ( ALL ( 'warehouse Stores'[DBA] ), [Net Sales],, DESC, DENSE ), but it still shows "1" in the visual.  I ensured that interactions with the slicer are turned off. 

Hi, @jackj 

Have your problem solved? There is no problem with the formula, it's not very clear what the context of your measure is. Can you share a sample fake file? So we can make a workaround for you.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

RANK MEASURE =
RANKX ( ALLSELECTED ( 'warehouse Stores'[DBA] ), [Net Sales],, DESC, DENSE )

I am having the exact same issue.  Did you manage to get this solved?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.