Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

lcasey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Create a Date table in Direct Query

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to create a date table so I can filter MY GLSummary, Budget, and Projections table based on date.

This is a financial report and depends on the user choosing a date in the report. Then after the user chooses a date, the report should fileter all the GL accounts and Budget and projections for that date.

Each table has a Year, a Period, and the general ledger has transaction dates.  Is there any way in Direct query mode to add a date table so that everything will filter correctly?

01.png

1 REPLY 1
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

That is currently not possible. You should try and create date table in your source to make it accessible in Direct Query Mode.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors