Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JennaExe
Frequent Visitor

Counting text across multiple columns

Hi, I'm brand new to PowerBI this week!

I have a risk data set, within which there are 10 control columns in which the responses are either "complete", "slipped", "limited" or "on track" or left blank. I have created a table for my report which lists the risks out in the rows, and then I want to have 4 columns in the table to show the count of the number of controls that are "complete", "slipped", "limited" or "on track".

For example:

Complete    On Track    Limited    Slipped

Risk 1         3                 2              4               1

Risk 2         5                 3              2               0

What DAX expression should I use to count how many are complete, how many are on track etc?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JennaExe
Frequent Visitor

I don't know. In the end I decided the simplest solution was to go back to the original data set, and create a table that combined all the different columns into a single table, where it was then much easier to count what I wanted it to count in BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JennaExe
Frequent Visitor

I don't know. In the end I decided the simplest solution was to go back to the original data set, and create a table that combined all the different columns into a single table, where it was then much easier to count what I wanted it to count in BI.

mariussve1
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

Could you use a matrix visual, and put the risk column on rows, controls on columns and just count something e.x COUNTROWS() on values?

Br

Marius

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.