Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akhilduvvuru
Helper III
Helper III

Count rows measures excluding few slicers selection

Hi Team,

I have a requirement where i have a view with all dimentions and transactions together.

Have 6 slicers in a page Slicer1, Slicer2, Slicer3.... Slicer6

Now I want 2 measures to be created

Measure1 = Count rows based on only slicer1 or slicer 2 selection and ignore if I select anyting in slicer 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Measure2 = Count rows based on only slicer 3, 4, 5 and/or 6 and ignore if I select anyting in slicer 1 and slicer 2

I want to show both measures side by side in a table visual.

All this data is in single view. I tried using ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLEXCEPT. Nothing is working. Can someone please help me with the same?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Ahmedx
Super User
Super User

if all your 6 slicers and sales tables are the same table, then you won't get anything.
you need to create separate dimensions for each slicer , and only then can you use REMOVEFILTERS, ALL

Yes @Ahmedx. You are 100% right.

But the problem is, if I seperate the dimensions (1 table for each dim slicer), slicers are not connected to each other.

I want slicers also to be interacted so that if I select a value in slicer 3, only the corresponding values should show in slicer 4.

akhilduvvuru
Helper III
Helper III

@Ahmedx @Greg_Deckler @lbendlin @DOLEARY85  - Any help here is much appriciated. Thanks!

use REMOVEFILTERS

@lbendlin Thanks for your response. Like @Ahmedx mentioned, it is not working even if I use REMOVEFILTERS as everything is in same table/view.

You mentioned dimensions so I (wrongly) assumed you had a data model.  Please normalize your data as needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.