Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Guneet_B21
Helper II
Helper II

Count of column by another column in another table

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a measure to calculate the total number of ShipmentID's against all the Consol IDs.

Kindly help me with the same

Tables: 

Guneet_B21_1-1692609370243.png 

Guneet_B21_2-1692609395054.png

Expected Result

Guneet_B21_0-1692609280877.png

4 REPLIES 4
Prateek97
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Guneet_B21 ,

Can you please explain on what basis are the two tables connected and how the count is calculated. Because I dont see any common values.

Is it based on the JS_PK Column? If yes, can you please provide the sample data so that I can see the values properly.

Hi @Prateek97 ,

the above 2 tables are just sample tables i created to post the question,

we have a third table which connects these two tables as they cant directly be connected,

therefore the 2 PK columns and the connector is generator directly through our software to create a binding table

Hi @Guneet_B21 ,

If the tables are already connected then putting a simple count measure against the ConsoleID column from the connected table should work.

If not, please share some good sample data from the 3 tables, that I can copy and try. Please dont share a screenshot.

I am getting the total count in graphs but when im trying to put the count in table it is showing "1" 
i wanna see the total shipments against a particular consol in table

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.