Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Count function not applying values in chart

First time question-er here.

I'll try to keep it simple.  Can't share data due to privacy issues.

1)Center table: list of invoices that have gone through a center

2)Dispute table: list of invoices that have had disputes

3)Fact table: all invoices, sales $

The first two tables are related in a 1:* relationship to the fact table

I have added two columns to my Fact table that are simply a yes/no based on whether that invoice appears in the corresponding tables: "Is Dispute Invoice" and "Is center invoice"

formula example: Is Dispute invoice = if(isblank(related('Dispute info'[Dispute Invoice ID])), "No", "Yes")

I have TRIED to create a measure that looks at the % of disputes: 

% disputes = divide(count('Dispute info'[Dispute Invoice ID]),CALCULATE(sum(Sales $], filter('Fact', 'Fact'[Is dispute invoice]="yes")))

This seems to work fine until I drop in (to my table visual) the "Is Center Invoice".  Say there are a total of 9 dispute invoices.  The first table I attached calculates this correctly.  The second table is still using a count of 9 invoices, even though I've dropped in the Center yes/no column.  How do I get the count function to take into account any columns I may drag into the visual?!

Really hope this makes sense...

1.png

2.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You may try using ALL FunctionALLEXCEPT Function and ALLSELECTED Function.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying... Those actually seem to make it worse.  I was wrapping those around the 'Fact' table after the FILTER function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.