Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

grc_2022

Convert a full path in a column into a hierarchical slicer

Hi guys, I have a column with data from Azure table storage which is the full path of a hierarchical list from an application. The format is as follows: Organization#.#Department#.#Subdepartment (E.g. Operations#.#Projects#.#Project A)

My question is how can I convert this to a hierarchy (to be used in a slicer or for other purposes in my report).

I can do this with group, but that is manual work and needs to be updated for every new value, not very practical.

Stian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
grc_2022

Sorted it out myself by using the "Split column" functionality to separate the hierarchy in to three columns (after the number of levels in the hierarchy, and then combined them in a Power BI hierarchy afterwards. Worked great :-).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
grc_2022

Sorted it out myself by using the "Split column" functionality to separate the hierarchy in to three columns (after the number of levels in the hierarchy, and then combined them in a Power BI hierarchy afterwards. Worked great :-).

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.