Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

alydewji

Connecting Power BI with Filemaker Rest API

Hi.

Am new to PowerBI.

Have managed to connect powerBI to my filemaker rest API but need to pass the bearer token everytime.  To do so, I need to have postman open, get the bearer token, and that plug that into the query in powerBI so that it fetches data seamless from the filemaker Rest API.

Anyone knows how to set it up so that before teh query executes, PowerBI can go and get the bearer token itself, store it in a var, and the pass it onto the actual API call to get data as a bearer token?

Any help will 

2 REPLIES 2
charlieups

Hi,

Did you finally made it possible?  I am trying even connect Power BI with the Filemaker API with no success. I can't have the right way to put the url and the header parameters into the web conector.

How did you do it? Can you give some guide to how connect them? And you finally solved your problem with the token, any advice will be more than wellcome.

Thanks mate!!!!

Carlos.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Usually your Power Query runs two API calls. The first one to get the token, the second to fetch the data.  Did you see if the Filemaker documentation mentions the expected process?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.