Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Spudder112
Helper I
Helper I

Confused why I am getting the ambiguity message when creating a relationship?

I am trying to make the highlighted relationship active, I figured I would be able to, since everything is flowing in one direction. Any ideas why that is not the case?

I am trying to be able to show orders by market by customer by driver.

Spudder112_1-1712159024186.png

4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Error message is correct. I can see 2 paths from Market to DimOrder.

---

You can

1. Alter the model by having 1 or more inactive relationships and activating them in the appropriate measure used

or

2. Possibly use a copy of Market table and break the link that's causing the error.

--

You might need to rethink the model anyway. I can see many-to-many relationships and 'bridge' tables that probably aren't needed.

I don't think there are any "many to many" relationships. However, I agree the Market section of the modelling probably needs an overhaul, which is the long-term goal, and my short-term fix seems to not be the correct approach.

Thank you!

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

"to make the highlighted relationship active" - Can't tell which relationship from the picture. Can you clarify?

Post the error message too.

- This is the error message that means you have 2 paths to get to the same table, so that'll be the issue

The highlighted relationship is the one to many between Market and Driver Market Mapping

Error Message:

Spudder112_0-1712163976185.png

Also if possible, how could this be corrected to filter DimOrder correctly by Market through both DimDriver and DimCustomer?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.