Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Mo_15797
Regular Visitor

Conditional Formatting

Hi, I have a column called Status which shows the status for each row, filled with either a G, C, IP etc: see below all the RAG's I have. 

The conditional formatting on the report builder only works for G and R. I have also tried creating a new column with switch and IF functions to replace the alphabetical values with numerical which resulted in only G and R being converted to numbers. I also tried to create a conditional column in power query to achieve the switch to numbers, but get the same thing; only G and R get populated and I get a "Null" for all the others.

G (Green)

IP (In-Progress)

OH (On-Hold)

R (Red)

NS (Not-Started)

C (Complete)

Any advise on how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot). Leave out anything not related to the issue.
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Here you go

Summary Status​Status
SUMMARY 1G
SUMMARY 2IP​
SUMMARY 3IP​
SUMMARY 4C​
SUMMARY 5R
SUMMARY 6A
SUMMARY 7G
SUMMARY 8IP​
SUMMARY 9IP​
SUMMARY 10C​
SUMMARY 11OH
SUMMARY 12G
SUMMARY 13IP​
SUMMARY 14IP​
SUMMARY 15G
SUMMARY 16G
SUMMARY 17NS​
SUMMARY 18NS​
SUMMARY 19C​
SUMMARY 20OH

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.