Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting

Hi Everyone,

Having some issues with Conditional formatting in PBI. I have 3 scatter charts, all of them having the same information, however they are being filtered through a measure.

- Deviation (i.e Difference) for all data

- Deviation (i.e Difference) for only last 3 months

- Deviation (i.e Difference) for only last 12 months

For some reasons (even though same thing done for the others), the colour it only works for difference for last 3 months.

I'll try below to explain my steps:

Approval (column from raw data) - this is Whole number format ==> I've made a measure for SUM of Approval

GeorgeGabaroi_1-1669106608600.png

Invoice (column from raw data) - this is Whole number format ==> I've made a measure for SUM of Invoice

GeorgeGabaroi_2-1669106626339.png

==> I've made a measure to calculate difference between Approval and Invoice

GeorgeGabaroi_0-1669106552041.png

The above (Deviation) is for all raw data. Next I've made 2 more measures, for last 3 months and last 12 months

GeorgeGabaroi_3-1669106760324.png

GeorgeGabaroi_4-1669106771519.png

As you can see below, I've added some conditional formatting, for example Deviation numbers between 50 and 100 to be coloured red. This works for "Deviation last 3 months", but not for the rest

This is correct:

GeorgeGabaroi_5-1669106846493.png

This it's not correct. Between 50 and 100 should be red but it's purple. Between 0 and 50 should not be red, but it's red and so on

GeorgeGabaroi_6-1669106876677.png

As you can see below the colours between numbers. All the measures are in Whole number format so I don't know what exactly is wrong and why it works for last 3 months, but it doesn't for the other two, even though same steps made.

Do you have any idea why it's not working for the other two?

GeorgeGabaroi_7-1669106991425.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Since my reply to you, I've deleted the two visuals (the ones that were copy paste) and added the same visual again, however this time withouth copy pasting it.

I haven't changed anything and now it works. 

How and why it didn't work when I've copy paste it, I don't know but I have not the same exact visual, same setting as before and it's working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please check whether you have set "conditional formatting" on both two visuals.

I made a sample, and here are my steps.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1669193265229.pngvxiaosunmsft_1-1669193309465.pngvxiaosunmsft_2-1669193329849.png

Final output:

vxiaosunmsft_3-1669193399733.png

I attach my sample below for your reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Both visuals have the conditional formatting. I've copy paste the visual twice and then removed the "Y axis" from Deviation 3 Months (measure created for that) - to Deviation for 12 months (other measure created).

So all visuals have the same setting, same coulours etc as they were copy paste. 

The same applies with the measure - that's copy paste as well and I've only changed the numbers to have last 3 months, last 12 months.

I've checked your PBI and I have the same columsn format - "Whole number". 

The measures I've put them as your format - "General"

Still not working for all months and last 12 months.

Hi @Anonymous ,

If convenient, could you please share your sample data (exclude sensitive data) or PBIX file to me in order that I can do some check?

You can reference the following document to attach files.

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Since my reply to you, I've deleted the two visuals (the ones that were copy paste) and added the same visual again, however this time withouth copy pasting it.

I haven't changed anything and now it works. 

How and why it didn't work when I've copy paste it, I don't know but I have not the same exact visual, same setting as before and it's working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.