Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cham
Post Patron
Post Patron

Conditional Formatting

Hi,

I created a measure in my sheet and I used that data to bar chart with year. I want to add a conditional formating using colour scale. But i couldn't add it. Ho can I do that? I want to do as follow,

CF.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I haven't see your data, but I try it in my report,it worked.

In the "clustered bar chart", my axis is "period", my value is "Amount A.P" which is same with the "based on field"

Conditional Formatting.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AiolosZhao
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @cham ,

I think what you want is this:

Next to the Default color in the Data colors card, you can find the "dot dot dot" button, click it,

then you can use the Conditional formatting.

Thanks.

Aiolos Zhao

Hi,

I'm not seeing these options: the default colour or the 3 dots. Is there a reason for this (Options? I'm on Version: 2.70.5494.761 (juni 2019)).

Thanks in advance,

Maurice.

Hi @MZandvliet 

If you are using two values you cammoy do the conditional formating. You can use one value in the "Value" filed in order to do the conditional formating.

Hi Cham,

Yes, when I select one value I have the three dots for conditional formatting Smiley Happy. It would even be better if you can select it with two values (bars) as well. But the answer from you is clear, THANKS!

Yes I know that. I did it but its not working. All the values get red when I did this. I want to know why is this happening. Cant we add conditional formatting for measure values?

CF1.PNG

Hi @cham ,

If you want to customized the value for the color, you can create a measure like:

Measure = IF(Your Measure > 0.5,"#FFFFFF","#000000")

Then after you open the "conditional formatting", you can choose "Field Value" in the "format by" checkbox.

Then choose the measure you created.

I think that will work.

Please try.

Aiolos Zhao

Is this giving me the specific colour to that value. Because I want to show a colour scale like "shading". I dont want to use specific colour faor the range I select. 

Using this can I add a colour scale?

I haven't see your data, but I try it in my report,it worked.

In the "clustered bar chart", my axis is "period", my value is "Amount A.P" which is same with the "based on field"

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.