Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting of Button Tooltips

Hi, On the buttons used for Page navigation there is an option to condinally format the tooltip. I am looking for a way to dynamically show a tooltip on each button to indicate which Page it's going to navigate to, but not quite able to figure out how to assign Page name using DAX. I have created a DAX datatable with Index and names of report pages. I want to achieve something like this in the measure used by the button tooltip:

Report Page Button Tooltip =
SWITCH("What Criteria to use?",
"Report Page 1", "Now showing Report Page 1...",
"Report Page 2", "Now showing Report Page 2...",
""
)
Is something like this possible?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I don't understand what the dynamic you want is. First of all, the page name can't be automatically displayed by any dax function, you must name it directly if you want to use it. 

vjaneygmsft_0-1631687565544.png

Secondly, if you use the button to jump to other pages, isn't it fixed? Why do you need dynamic?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I don't understand what the dynamic you want is. First of all, the page name can't be automatically displayed by any dax function, you must name it directly if you want to use it. 

vjaneygmsft_0-1631687565544.png

Secondly, if you use the button to jump to other pages, isn't it fixed? Why do you need dynamic?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-janeyg-msft I think you said it right "First of all, the page name can't be automatically displayed by any dax function,". May be what I think is not possible. Thanks for the replies. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , If should be selectedpage  name 

Report Page Button Tooltip =
SWITCH(selectedvalues(Page[PageName]) ,
"Report Page 1", "Now showing Report Page 1...",
"Report Page 2", "Now showing Report Page 2...",
""
)

Same formula that you use in action, you should use in the tooltip

refer if needed

Display only one page in the report, Hide rest: https://youtu.be/d4H0GKUH0r4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @amitchandak for quick reply. I am wondering however that how to do conditional navigation first of the pages using Report Page name? I have a datatable like this. Typically you would use some rules based on the data or in the past I have used USERNAME() function to restrict the page navigation for certain users. In this case however, I am bit lost as to how first achieve dynamic page navigation using page names, (and then I guess the same logic will apply to button tooltips)? I have added buttons with Text on them as "1", "2", "3" and so on...

Page_Datatable =
DATATABLE (
    "Sr No", INTEGER,
    "Report Page", STRING,
    {
        { 1, "Report Page 1" },
        { 2, "Report Page 2" }
    }
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.