Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Myagi-Do
Helper I
Helper I

Conatenating Values of a Column in Paginated Report

Hey there,

I am trying to build a Mailing List Builder using a Paginated Report based on a Power BI Dataset.

The User should select values in 3 Slicers and the output should be a semicolon separated string of Emails.

I've setup the filters like so 

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 23.27.09.png

and the expression

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 23.34.47.png

Join(Fields!Mail.Value,";")

But I get this error without further information

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 23.35.36.png

I am using a matrix visual here. Is this the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Myagi-Do
Helper I
Helper I

Tstructure is slighly different. There are 2 tables ManagerMails and Employees. The emails in Manager mails are used as a slicer which filters the Employees table. The expression in the paginated report is supposed to join the emails in the Employees table with ; as delimiter.

I checked that the data type was string and I tried lists and tables without luck.

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Myagi-Do ,

Please ensure that the field is of string data type because the function is designed to work with strings.
And the function is typically used within the context of a grouping or details row in a table or list, if you are using it within the context of a matrix, it might not work as expected, consider using a table or list item where the function can be used more effectively.

If you still can't solve the problem, there may be a problem with the data model, please provide me with some sample data so that I can test it for you, thank you!

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other member find it more quickly.

I created sample files for pbi and the report builder which you can download here https://we.tl/t-JUAFhGkBRN
Thank you for helping out

Hi @Myagi-Do ,

The sample file you provided cannot be accessed, please check to see if you have set certain restrictions.

vjunyantmsft_0-1705539996021.png

Best Regards,
Dino Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.