Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ganikuss

Complex grouping calculation on each date in Matrix Visualization

Hi Community,
I am trying to use Power BI Desktop to add some analytic capabilities in my project and need assistance with measuring DAX expression
Here is my data topology

CountryStatusYearConfigIdByDateRowNumberUserIdLastupdatedUTC
USAPending2022101/01/202211 01/01/2022T00:00:00

Users with UserId from Country can request report generation with ConfigId for Year
Then report flows Requested -> Pending -> Completed/Failed it can be done in few days for 1 user
Having a table with provided topology for all users I need to Calculate stats on each day:
1. Reports count rows By Country, Year, Status, ConfigID on each day district by userId

So, in general, I need to have a matrix visualization with Country, Year, Status, ConfigID as rows and ByDate as columns, values should be calculated following logic:
1. Set ByDate as a boundary, filter about all records after ByDate
2. Group filtered dataset by Country, UserId, Year, ConfigId and select the top 1 record from each group ordered by LastUpdatedUtc
3. Result of grouping and selecting top 1 record from each group should be grouped a second time by Country, Year, Status, ConfigId and calculate rows count of each group

As a result, measure DAX should return the cumulative state of reports generation history on each day

Issue: in matrix visualization can not find a way to use ByDate Column just like a boundary but not include it in the group by DAX

Please assist if it is possible or suggest please a better solution.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.