Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hamadani
Frequent Visitor

Comparing count values with and without filters

Hi All,

I am trying to compare the total count difference of policies per company with AND without the slicer.

Here is a simple example of my scenario:

Compnay NamePolicy NumberFilter XFilter Y
Company A123TrueFalse
Company A456FalseFalse
Company A789FalseTrue
Company A123FalseFalse
Company A050TrueTrue

Therefore, If Slicer X is set to True and slicer Y is set to False, I expect to get 25% for Company A (1 distinct policy which satisfies the filters divided by total of 4 distinct policies for company A). The point here is that the denomitor should be always constant regardless of filter values.

I used the below DAX but this will change the denomitor as I apply the filters:
PoliciesPerCompany = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(MyTable[PolicyNumber]), GROUPBY(MyTable,MyTable[CompanyName]))

Any help would be appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArmandoFranco
Frequent Visitor

Policies by company = DIVIDE( DISTINCTCOUNT(MyTable[PolicyNumber]) , CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(MyTable[PolicyNumber]), ALL(MyTable[Filter X]), ALL(MyTable[Filter Y])))

The numerator applies the whole filter context, the denominator replaces Filter X and Filter Y with all the values for both.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ArmandoFranco
Frequent Visitor

Policies by company = DIVIDE( DISTINCTCOUNT(MyTable[PolicyNumber]) , CALCULATE( DISTINCTCOUNT(MyTable[PolicyNumber]), ALL(MyTable[Filter X]), ALL(MyTable[Filter Y])))

The numerator applies the whole filter context, the denominator replaces Filter X and Filter Y with all the values for both.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.