Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PCarson00
Frequent Visitor

Comparing columns from two different tables

I have a single visual table but its sourced from two seperate excel sheets.

The visual table needs to be filtered down, maybe a button that I can press to compare column A with column B and Column C with column D

B and D are from the other excel sheet

I have a many to many relationship already set for these tables.

I cant seem to create a measure or extra column that will do this comparison. Does it have something to do with the relationship?

PCarson00_0-1701793253489.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jamie_Scott
Resolver II
Resolver II

*:* relationships are not always the greatest. You could create a summary table of the unique keys from both tables and then create a relationship between those 3 tables (i.e. Summary table -> T1, Summary Table -> T2). 

But without more details on what you're trying to accomplish or a sample data set, it's hard to help you further.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @PCarson00 

Can you please try inactive relationship between two table and use USERELATIONSHIP dax to fine value for B & D from another table
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_N_5PLyOIM

Please mark as SOLUTION if resolve your issue.

Thanks
Pijush

Jamie_Scott
Resolver II
Resolver II

*:* relationships are not always the greatest. You could create a summary table of the unique keys from both tables and then create a relationship between those 3 tables (i.e. Summary table -> T1, Summary Table -> T2). 

But without more details on what you're trying to accomplish or a sample data set, it's hard to help you further.

Thanks I ended up creating a merge into another table which is easier to work with.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.