Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hardik385
Frequent Visitor

Combine two slicer into one slicer and according to slicer filter the Table Visual.

Hello Everyone
I am working on one task and there is one requirment.

I have Two table in Report View.

Hardik385_0-1679568826534.png

I have Two date columns i.e., ACQ Ratification Date and Pass DD Date in both Table Visual and I have two slicer i.e., From Date and To Date in Report View.

Hardik385_1-1679568867430.png

From Date slicer has ACQ Ratification Date Column and To Date slicer has Pass DD Date column

I want to combine this two slicer(From Date,To Date) into single one(Date Range) like below Picture.

Hardik385_2-1679569110912.png

Output:- After combining two slicer into single one

Hardik385_0-1679578231508.png

As shown in above picture.

First date value(11-01-2023) in Slicer should filter Ratified Properties Table Visual and should filter the Table by Acq Ratification Date.

Second date value(17-02-2023) in Slicer should filter Passed DD Properties Table Visual and should filter the Table by Pass DD Date.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your slicer columns come from the same table then their filter choices will be multiplied (they will influence each other). 

To avoid that you could create a copy of your table and then have your two table visuals be influenced by one or the other source table.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hardik385
Frequent Visitor

@lbendlin Thank You Sir for your hands on knowledge and it helped me to solve my problem.

Hardik385
Frequent Visitor

@lbendlin Sir I have tried some different methods like combine/merging two column(ACQ ratification date and Pass DD Date) into new table but that is also not working as expected.
The Data model looks like below picture.

Hardik385_0-1679898571985.png

Required Output ir Expected Output:-
I want to filter two different table Visual i.e., Ratified Properties Table and Pass DD Properties Table from one slicer.
I am not able to create single Date slicer of Style Between with two different column.
The single Slicer should work with two column (ACQ ratification date and Pass DD date).
the value in first field of Slicer should be column ACQ ratification date which should filter Table Visual Ratified Properties and second field of slicer should be column Pass DD which should filter Tabel Visual Pass DD Properties.

Thank You in Advance for helping Sir.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

ok, what have you tried and where are you stuck?  What does your data model look like?

Hello @lbendlin Sir,
I am Stuck at creating one date slicer with two different column.
Can you help me Sir?

What does your data model look like?

@lbendlin Sir I dont have any relations in data model and I have only one Sheet.
Data Model:-

Hardik385_0-1680066544489.png

If your slicer columns come from the same table then their filter choices will be multiplied (they will influence each other). 

To avoid that you could create a copy of your table and then have your two table visuals be influenced by one or the other source table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.