Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

keithkeirstead
Frequent Visitor

Combine datasets into a single graph

Hi,

I have multiple datasets created for each year, so 2020, 2021, 2022, ect. all with the same type of data (columns are all the same) and I am trying to create a single graph that shows the data over all the years. In each report for each year it has the same graph, just trying to combine it into a single graph in a dashboard. I tried adding all of the data from 2020, 2021, and 2022 into a single dataset but the data is over 10GB and can no longer auto refresh (each year is 13 columns but 14 million rows). Is this possible at all?

2 REPLIES 2
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @keithkeirstead ,

What do you mean by it can no longer auto-refresh? Ideally, if all the data sources  have the same set of columns, I would just combine them into one table by appending one to the other. This will make calculations simpler.

If you need the tables to be separate and have them all presented in one visual, you can create a separate table of dimensions and relate it to all the fact tables. Use the column/s from this dimension table in your chart. Your measure should be something like

CombinedMeasure = 
[Measure Table1] + [Measure Table2] + [Measure Table1] //and so on

That's just one measure. I can imagine how tedious this would be if you had a lot more.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Hi @danextian 

The reason I had broken it up into years is because combining all the years and setting to auto refresh I get met with the error that "The amount of data on the gateway client has exceeded the limit for a single table" so I figured break it down so each year is a signle dataset and then only auto refresh the current year.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.