Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Combine data from azure with other data sources and publish the report.

Hi.

I am wondering if there is a way to combine data from Azure Analysis Service with other data sources (eg Excel) and then publish the report and have it refresh.

The issue is, if I choose Live Connect for my Azure source, I cannot combine any other data.

If I choose import, I cannot refresh once it is published 😞

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Unable-to-setup-Dataset-refresh-to-Azure-Analysis-Services/...

Can someone please help?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Yes, currently connecting to Azure Analysis Service with import mode has some limitations as below: 

We recommended you use live connections because Import mode does have some limitations; most notably, server performance might be impacted during import. Also, if the model is to be refreshed in the Power BI service, the Allow access from Power BI setting applies only when choosing Connect live.

As a workaround, I would suggest you to create two reports, one reports for Azure AS, another for excel/database. You can then pin visuals in both report to the same dashboard.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the work around.

The users would preferably like to merge data so it is one dataset.

Do you know if there is a solution for this in progress?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am looking for a soultion. 

I need to use Azure data along with Excel to build queries etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.