Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ankurbajaj07
Frequent Visitor

Column of the table wasnot found.

Hi,

I changed one column name in power query  from EMP_TYPE_DESC to "Emp.Type" make my visual table header clean.

But after changing that , when i refreshed, I got error in query saying the  "EMP_TYPE_DESC " doesnot found.

So I went to query errors & changed the MP_TYPE_DESC to "Emp.Type" in the formula  but now it says "Emp.Type" was not foud.

Pls help.

ankurbajaj07_0-1681287573195.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ankurbajaj07 great to know! If you think my reply will help other users with the same issue in the future, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍

Thanks!

Best regards,
Joao Ribeiro

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joaoribeiro
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @ankurbajaj07 , can you provide the PBIX file? If not, I suggest you go back to each transformation step of the "Roster Database" and change all references to the old name of the column (after the step where you change the name of the column) - consider doing that for all tables that are referenced to this one, if there is any. Try to pass step by step and check if you will get error in any.

Hope this answer solves your problem!
If you need any additional help please @ me in your reply.
If my reply provided you with a solution, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍

Thanks!

Best regards,
Joao Ribeiro

Thanks fo rthe reply. But I solved using advanced editor , there i found the old name reference. I changed & error vanished.

@ankurbajaj07 great to know! If you think my reply will help other users with the same issue in the future, please consider marking it as a solution ✔️ or giving it a kudoe 👍

Thanks!

Best regards,
Joao Ribeiro

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.