Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Collapsed Matrix to Show Blanks Using Measure Names

Hello,

I am trying to show blanks for my collapsed matrix visual rather than visuals. I understand that can be done using ISINSCOPE, however the column I'm trying to show blanks for is based off of a measure. Can anything be done?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak,

Thank you so much for the response! It doesn't quite work, and I probably should have been more specific with my question. I wanted a measure that would show blanks rather than values for the collapsed matrix. (Refer to below image)

Crystal77_0-1648571034346.png

However, when the matrix is exanded, I didn't want those values to also be blank. (Refer to the below image. Also, please imagine the crossed out values are populated. The info is sensitive, so I couldn't just leave it there.)

Crystal77_2-1648571301696.png

Maybe I did something wrong, but when I input the measure with my fields, both the expanded and collapsed matrix values show up as blank. However, it was a great hint that led me in the right direction.

The solution I came up with is as follows:
IF( ISINSCOPE( 'Table'[Column1]) && NOT( ISINSCOPE( 'Table'[Column2])), BLANK(), [Measure])

*As a side note for anyone else needing help with this, column1 is from the first value in the row field of the matrix, and column2 is the second value in the row field of the matrix. The measure is the original measure that originally didn't have the blanks in the collapsed matrix.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have similar issue where in i am using info river visual for matrix view. I have a mtrix with sub filters upto 3 levels. I want each level to display a defined static number when collapsed rather than in built sum up by the tool.

sizi_1-1686121265796.png

As given in the screenshot , there's main level which when collapsed shows 865 and under the filter i have sub level filter as radio/connected devices etc which has its own statement under them with different values. I want to display static number for connected devices eg 750 instead of aggregating the total value based on statement under the filter. So basically connected devices to show 750 ,radio 150 etc when collapsed.

Is there anyway i can achieve this? column field is Number & Percentage based.

Thanks in advance.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can check like

if(isinscope(Table[Column]) && isblank([Measure]) , <>, <> )

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak,

Thank you so much for the response! It doesn't quite work, and I probably should have been more specific with my question. I wanted a measure that would show blanks rather than values for the collapsed matrix. (Refer to below image)

Crystal77_0-1648571034346.png

However, when the matrix is exanded, I didn't want those values to also be blank. (Refer to the below image. Also, please imagine the crossed out values are populated. The info is sensitive, so I couldn't just leave it there.)

Crystal77_2-1648571301696.png

Maybe I did something wrong, but when I input the measure with my fields, both the expanded and collapsed matrix values show up as blank. However, it was a great hint that led me in the right direction.

The solution I came up with is as follows:
IF( ISINSCOPE( 'Table'[Column1]) && NOT( ISINSCOPE( 'Table'[Column2])), BLANK(), [Measure])

*As a side note for anyone else needing help with this, column1 is from the first value in the row field of the matrix, and column2 is the second value in the row field of the matrix. The measure is the original measure that originally didn't have the blanks in the collapsed matrix.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.