Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

fansari16
Frequent Visitor

Clustered column chart help

Hello BI community,

I am new to POwer BI & I am loving it so far. Recently I have encountered a problem. I am trying to compare results of two quarters ( from a survey).

When I draw two separate bar chart chart separately, the values of the bars are different from when I make a clustered chart.

I've attached the image of the chart which I want to achieve (I drew this in excel). I've also attached the data sets too. Please help!. Although the graph is similar in Power BI & Excel, the values are different. Data Set is attached here too. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 12.01.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.54.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.54.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-09 at 11.55.15 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Using your sample document this Measure will give the correct percentages.

PerOfQuarter = 
VAR QtrTotal = 
    CALCULATE ( COUNT('Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Timestamp]) , ALLEXCEPT ( 'Form Responses Q1 and Q2', 'Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Quarter] ) )
RETURN
    COUNT('Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Timestamp])  / QtrTotal

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
stretcharm
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

It looks like your using show as % of Grand Total. The total has changed by adding both Quarters which affects the figures.

Try creating  your own dax that calculates by Quarter. Something like this.

PerOfQuarter =
VAR QtrTotal =
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Rating[Count] )ALLEXCEPT ( Rating, Rating[Quarter] ) )
RETURN
    SUM ( Rating[Count] ) / QtrTotal

Using your sample document this Measure will give the correct percentages.

PerOfQuarter = 
VAR QtrTotal = 
    CALCULATE ( COUNT('Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Timestamp]) , ALLEXCEPT ( 'Form Responses Q1 and Q2', 'Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Quarter] ) )
RETURN
    COUNT('Form Responses Q1 and Q2'[Timestamp])  / QtrTotal

@stretcharm You are a genious. I got it. Thank a lot. I deeply appreciate your help.

Hopefully you've got it working now.

Check out this list of PowerBI training links that will help you

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Good-Source-to-Learn-DAX/m-p/539642#M253384

Thanks a lot @stretcharm. Really appreciate your help & expertise. Can you guide how & where to add this measure?

Unfortunately I am new to powerBI. Or can you share your PowerBI file so that I can see how you did that. That would be a huge help. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.