Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

damonwang
Regular Visitor

Client with IP address '.......' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Hi,

I failed to connect my Power Bi to MySQL database. It shows that:

Details: "MySQL: Authentication to host ''xx.xx.xx.xx for user 'prodadmin@xx.xx.xx' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Client with IP address 'xx.xx.xx.xx is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server."

Instead, I can import data from ODBC, but I want to refresh the published report through the Power BI Gateway, which is installed on a Windows Server. So, I have to get data directly from the MySQL database directly.

The database user has no problem with this:

damonwang_0-1688547407245.png

I am using Windows 11 and the newest version of Power Bi (2.118.828.0 64-bit 2023 June).

Anyone can help me with this issue? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, we seem to have a similr issue with dataset published on the service taht connect to MySQL database trhue the gateway.
We tried both 8.0.33.1 ant 8.0.28 driver version ans it doesn't work.

However, Dataflows that use the same connection worked....

I think we may have different issues.

You can try `ping [your database IP address] ` and see whether you can get reply from the server which hold your database.

1. If you get reply, you can try different versions of Connector. (My MySQL version is 5.7)

2. If your request timeout, the reason will be complicated.

In the case of 2, you can check:

1. `select * from mysql.user where user = 'your Mysql user'` and see if your host colums limit the connection. (% means any IP can cannect to this databse using this account and 'localhost' means that only the server can connect to the database)

2. Your server firewall setting.

3. Your clound in and out rule. 

That is what I can come up with for now.

damonwang
Regular Visitor

I solved this issue by downgrading Connector/NET version. I downgrade from 8.0.33.1 to 8.0.28. If anyone meets similar problem, you can try this way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.