Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

missasuna

Choosing multiple values on chart

Hi,

I've got multiple line charts with multiple values on it (values are simple columns). I would like to use slicer to switch between displayed values or choose which values should be displayed but I don't know how to do it. 

Any solution? 

5 REPLIES 5
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you please post sample data/chart AND expected output.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

sample.png

I would like to use that slicer to manipulate displayed values (sometimes I don't want display all)

You can edit the interactions of the chart but to completely disappear them is not possible as far as I know. To Stop interactions of the slicer with the visuals, select the visual and Go to the Format Tab, Select Edit Interactions, Select the unselect the filter button on top of the visual anf select the stop button on the report next to the filter button.

Hope this will make your understanding clear.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Thanks for your answer but I think I didn't ask question clearly. The solution on screenshot is my expected output.  Slicer on screenshot is fake. My question is: Can I get slicer from the screen? My slicer from the screen should have names of columns (not all from the table but columns picked by me) instead of values of one column. Expected action: If I chceck one of box, one of the line will appear. 

Single line in my chart is represented by simple column with random numeric values.

To do so, You need to do some workaround in the Query Editor, 

Go to Query Editor, Select Home Tab, Select Sample 1, Press Unpivot this Column, Give a meaningful Names to Your newly created Columns.

Repeat this steps for Sample 2 and Sample 3 Column.

Load your query after you are finished with this and

You can use this newly created columns as slicers.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.