Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GLIDO
Helper I
Helper I

Changing the display units of a kpi indicator

Hello community users, 

Any ideas on how to fulfil this, KPIUnits.JPG

I have to set the display units for the KPI indicator to crores as I've to show them in indian standard. 

Can anyone help with this. 

Regards

Nilesh  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GLIDO,

Yes, you can. You would need to create a measure using similar DAX as below, then drag the measure to Card visual. If you need to change title based on slicer selection, you can refer to this blog.

DynamicTitle = [Measure] & "lakhs"

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@GLIDO,

You can create a calculated column to format the number to display in indian standard. But the column is in text type, it is not possible to use it in KPI  visual.

Regards,

Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Or we can just put the tiltle of the KPI indicator as Amount(in Crs) and then divide the figure with 10000000. 

In this case, can we dynamically change the name of the title, 

for examaple I create a mesure "division factor" with value 10000000 initially to show the amount in Crores and the change it to 100000 to show the amount in lakhs, here I need the title of all KPI's to be changed to Amount(in Lacs) instead of Amount(in Crs). 

Is there a way to achieve this @v-yuezhe-msft ?

Regards 

Nilesh  

@GLIDO,

Yes, you can. You would need to create a measure using similar DAX as below, then drag the measure to Card visual. If you need to change title based on slicer selection, you can refer to this blog.

DynamicTitle = [Measure] & "lakhs"

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@GLIDO,

Based on my research, 1 Crore equals to 10 million. We are able to change the format of numbers to display ₹, but it is not possible to show number in crore format. You can submit a feature request in Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,
Lydia

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Thanks for the information. 

Do we have a workaround for the purpose ?

Regards

Nilesh 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.